Firstly, a SPAR comfort food recipe, because we all need comfort food.
Homemade sausage rolls
- 1 roll (400g) SPAR puff pastry
- 450g pork sausage meat
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped SPAR Freshline parsley
- 1 small SPAR Freshline onion finely chopped or grated
- 1 SPAR Freshline carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 SPAR Freshline baby marrow, peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 SPAR egg
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, alternatively use an airfryer.
- To get to the sausage meat, simply push the sausage meat out of the casing.
- Add the parsley, onion, carrot and baby marrow and mix. Split the meat mixture in two and form each half into a long sausage.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Trim a 2cm piece of the side to use for decor then cut the pastry in two lengthways.
- Place the meat onto the centre (lengthways) of each of the pastry strips and bring the sides up to seal the sausage rolls – you should end up with 2 pastry-covered sausages. Flip them around so the seal is on the base.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to cover the exposed pastry.
- Cut little leaves or any other shape out of the off-cuts and decorate the sausages. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut each sausage into 8-10 little sausage rolls.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or bake in the airfryer at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes or until the inside of the rolls are cooked and the exterior is golden brown.
Buy any participating Win A Car Product.
Swipe your card for instant entry.
More here – https://winacar.spar.co.za/
Weekend Price Cuts
Butter, margarine, and oats, as well as milk and chicken, we have the basics covered for you this weekend. The chicken, whole roasted in either Peri-Peri or BBQ, comes with two x Jamie Oliver free dipping bowls.