The organizers of the Swart Maandag (Black Monday) peaceful protest drive based in the beautiful town of Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape would like to inform you of the following.
We are a small town with a BIG voice, but also known to the rest of the world as one of the best surfing spots ever. Every year the best athletes (surfers) come from all over the globe, to compete in the most prestigious surfing competitions the world has ever seen.
It is with that in mind that we would like to invite you to cover our peaceful protest event.
We are expecting a good turnout for our peaceful protest drive as we are surrounded by an enormous farming community.
The village of Jeffreys Bay is supported by our farming community, as that is where they shop. We, in turn, support our farming community as we are dependent on one another.
- To stop the farm killings
- To create awareness that without our farming communities there will be a food shortage
- We would like our government to commit themselves to improve the security of our farming communities with urgency
- We would like our government and our local communities to know that the farmers are not our enemies but rather the people that feed us
- We would like our government to consider the farm killings a PRIORITY crime.
We would also like to invite all the media to cover our peaceful protest drive to help highlight the plight of our farmers.