Seal Point Boardriders Club Contest On This Sunday.
It’s all happening.at Seal Point on Sunday and DA Mayor Elect, Elza van Lingen will be visiting!
Seal Point Boardriders Club will be having their annual surf club contest this Sunday 7 August. The forecast looks good, the wind looks favourable, and we’re all set to go.
1. You can enter tomorrow or Saturday at the Billabong Surf Shop in St Francis Bay village, or you can enter on the day at the beach.
2. The tee-shirts will be available at the beach for all members who pay up for the year and who enter the contest. Thanks to Billabong for the tees. If you’re out of town and want to pay your membership for the year and get your club tees, it’s R100 per person per year. You can pay here eft
account no. 186544065
branch no. 050015
account type. savings account.
Please use your full name.as reference wen paying by EFT and mail firstname.lastname@example.org the proof of payment, along with details like phone number, shirt size, age and whether you’ll be surfing on Sunday or not.
3. The contest will start at 8 am sharp. Don’t want to miss your heat. Talking about heats, the divisions are such:
- U13 boys
- U18 boys
- Open men (18 – 35)
- Men 35-45
- Men 45-55
- Men 55 and over
- Kneeboarders. Should there not be enough kneeboarders to make up a heat, they will be surfing with their stand-up counterparts.
- Open Longboaders expression session
- Ladies. Should there be enough ladies entered we will divide this into a junior and a senior division.
After the contest we will go straight into a prize giving and AGM at Rock Lily. This will take place as soon as we gather at the pub. There are prizes for all finalists as well as a number of specialty prizes, all sponsored from the good people at Billabong.
In an exciting addition to the day’s proceedings, newly appointed Kouga Mayor Elza Van Lingen, a Seal Point local, will be popping in at the contest site at 11:30 am on Sunday to say hello. Her sons are keen surfers and she is delighted to be attending and supporting a local surf contest on her doorstep in what is going to be her first social outing as Kouga Mayor.
Please remember that this is a fun event, a day at the beach for local families, and we are all there to enjoy the day, get a few uncrowded waves and have a great time at our beach. Hope to see you all there.
If you have any queries about the event please mail club chairman John Elliot on email@example.com
If you have any moans, gripes or complaints about the divisions, the late decision or anything else please email firstname.lastname@example.org to state your case.