Thanks to swift action last night (27th April) by our Sea Vista volunteers who alerted the DVG to a shack fire, the Kouga Fire Services was alerted and immediately dispatched their fire truck to a shack fire in Sea Vista. By the time STDVG arrived it appeared the fire was contained by locals and the Fire Services. It appears two or three shacks burned but more seriously a local woman sustained facial wounds.
With the dry winter months ahead there is concern of potential increase in fires so let’s keep educating our people about the dangers of illegal electrical connections and home heating and cooking safety measures.
From SFDVG Social Media post