For those who have still have thatch this may be possibly a solution to reducing threat of fire before you consider spending on changing to tiles, tin or the new shingle roof product that many have selected in recent times.
redFireLabs is a company with a division now based in Jeffreys Bay and they supply a range of Fire retardant products to the residential and industrial industry. Thatch Marshal is a South African manufactured product and it holds third party labs certification, complies with SANS 10407 and conforms with ASTM E 108 specifications.
– more than 35 years of combined experience in the fire retardant industry
– It is a chemical that swells and resists the accelerated process of fire that in many cases brings it to a halt
– Thatch Marshal 8000 is clear and non odorous, non toxic when dry and non flammable solvents
– It is also environmental and pet friendly, it dilutes easily even when in contact with nature
– We apply 0,9 liters per m2 for exterior and 0,3 liters per m2 to the interior of Thatch with a high pressure pump and penetrates the thatch approximately 75mm
– It extends the life of your thatch and reduces their maintenance periods
– It provides increased dust and water resistance
– It binds the thatch together making it more difficulty to get damaged by wind
– It inhibits the growth of fungus, reducing sinus and allergies
– many insurance companies validate it and decrease your insurance premiums
– on completion we issue a certificate of application that should be handed over to your insurance broker
– our application is valid for a period of (5)five years dependent of weather abrasion and aggression to your particular geographic location
– applied in conjunction with our Emergency Control Barrier you can achieve an integral solution for the protection of your investment
– we also supply Rational certificates if required for building and construction
Due to complexity and sensitivity on some of their products where training and the use of specialised equipment is a requirement, redFireLabs prefer to execute applications themselves rather than using sub contractors. Certifications are included in their applications.
Thatch Marshal 8000
Entumescent agent specially developed for the prevention of fire in Thatch Roofs. Water based solution free of sulfates and phosphates. Many other advantages to the regards of Thatch maintenance.
Thatch Marshal 9000
It is an enhanced version and variation of the previous and successful ThatchMarshal800. Super concentrate formula.
Mine Marshal 8000
Entumescent developed for the protection and retardation of fire on timber. Main uses for the building and mining applications.
Textile Marshal 8000
Another successful product developed for impregnating of textiles in the prevention and reduction of heat. Ease and safe usage in heated environments.