Kouga communities are invited to participate in the review of the local municipality’s Integrated Development Plan (IDP).
The IDP is a five-year plan that sets out the development needs of a municipal area. It forms the basis of the municipality’s budget and determines which projects are prioritised and funded in a particular year.
The most recent IDP for Kouga covers the planning period 2012 to 2017. Because circumstances change, the IDP is reviewed annually in consultation with communities to ensure that it remains up-to-date and relevant. The current review will be for the 2016/2017 financial year.
Kouga Executive Mayor Daphne Kettledas has called on all residents to attend the meetings and to make known what they consider important for their wards to prosper.
“Your voice is important. You know your community and its need. We need your input to ensure that the IDP captures what needs to happen for your ward to grow strong,” she said.
Public meetings will be held from 15 October to 10 November 2015 at community halls across Kouga to give residents the opportunity to highlight development they would like to see happening in their wards.
All meetings will start at 6pm as per the following programme:
- 15 October at the Newton Hall, Jeffreys Bay, for Wards 3, 8 and 11
- 19 October at the Oyster Bay Community Hall for Ward 1
- 20 October at the Pellsrus Community Hall for Ward 2
- 21 October at the Sea Vista Community Hall for Ward 12
- 22 October at the Kruisfontein Community Hall for Wards 4 and 5
- 27 October at the Katrien Felix Hall, Thornhill, for Ward 7
- 27 October at the Loerie Community Hall for Ward 7
- 28 October at a tent adjacent to Lungiso High, KwaNomzamo, for Ward 6
- 3 November at the Dan Sandi Hall, Patensie, for Ward 10
- 4 November at the Weston Community Hall for Ward 13
- 5 November at the Vusumzi Landu Hall, Hankey, for Ward 9
- 10 November at the Pellsrus Community Hall for Wards 14 and 15.
Enquiries can be directed to the IDP Manager, Colleen Dreyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 042 200 2143.