Chicken Tortillas with Avocado, Chilli & Sour Cream
These chicken tortillas with avocado, chilli & sour cream are from the cookbook “The 6 ingredients” by Conrad Gallagher.
So let’s go cooking with Conrad Gallagher again…
“I always keep a packet of flour tortillas in the cupboard – they often come in handy. To make them soft enough for rolling, place them under the grill or on a frying pan or griddle pan. Alternatively, they can be microwaved on high between dampened sheets of kitchen paper for about 20 seconds. You can use either chicken breast fillets or my preference: boneless chicken thighs which have a much more succulent flavour, and of course, are cheaper.”
Boneless, skinless chicken, diced – 400 grams
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Soft flour tortillas, each about 20 cm in diameter – 4
Soured cream – 2 Heaped tbsp
Ripe avocados – 2
Ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced – 1
Red chilli, seeded and finely chopped – 1
- Preheat the grill or griddle pan. Thread the chicken on to soaked wooden skewers, making sure they are not too tightly packed together.
- Brush with the olive oil and cook for 4 – 5 minutes, depending on the size of the dice, or until the chicken is completely tender and lightly charred. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Place the tortillas on the grill rack and then place under the grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute just to warm through, turning once. Alternatively use the griddle pan.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the skewers.
- Peel the avocado and then peel each one in half and remove the stones.
- Cut the flesh into 1 cm dice. Spread the softened tortillas with the soured cream and scatter the chicken down the centre of each one.
- Place the avocado on top with the tomato dice and chilli then roll up to enclose the filling completely.
- Return to the grill rack and place under the grill, seam side down for 1 – 2 minutes so the tops are lightly toasted or use the griddle pan.
- Cut each tortilla in half on the diagonal and arrange on warmed serving plates. Serve immediately.
- The recipe serves 2 people.