Father’s Day Celebrations
Are you ready for Father’s Day this weekend? It’s on Sunday, 19th June, in case you’ve been hiding under a rock recently, and it is to spoil the dad in your life. So don’t forget about it and disappoint your father or hubby; we have given you the head’s up. Either way, we have a few treats you might be interested in treating your pater.
First, here’s a quick SPAR recipe for Chilli Poppers Dip. Everybody loves chilli poppers, and it is all about the dip, after all. So here’s something that your dad will not be able to resist. Made with excellent and wholesome SPAR products and easy as pie to make.
Chilli Popper Dip Recipe
- 1 cup SPAR cream cheese
- ½ cup SPAR sour cream
- 1 SPAR Freshline garlic clove, made into a paste
- About 6 whole pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated SPAR cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Corn chips for serving
- SPAR Freshline Limes and fresh tomato salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the garlic, jalapeños, seasoning and 1 cup cheddar and mix well.
- Spoon into an ovenproof serving dish.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 15 minutes – turn the grill on for the last 5 minutes so the cheese and crumbs can go golden – keep a close eye on it, so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with fresh tomato salsa, limes and corn chips.
Father’s Day TOPS Specials
Let’s not forget the special running on Ballantine’s Finest Blended Scotch Whisky. This special runs until the end of June or until stocks last. There are limited stocks available, so it could be a perfect gift for Father’s Day, and at that price, you can’t go wrong.
As we await more information on exactly how the water-shedding will play out over time and how long it will last, we would like to advise our customers that we have plenty of water in stock to help you over the water crisis we are experiencing. Still, please remember that we will only be running our water system from 4 pm onwards due to the current water-shedding hours.