Beauty is not all about having good genes. It demands attention, and a lot of effort can go into making your skin healthy and young-looking. From proper dieting to exercising, many aspects contribute to the well-being of your skin.
Nutrition may play an essential role, but never overlook the value of externally-applied, beauty-enhancing treatments. The cosmetic industry offers a plethora of options to maintain the beauty of your skin, and the market thrives with countless beauty products.
Even though the industry is flourishing with new, chemically-curated products, products containing all-natural ingredients such as CBD, essential oils, and cosmetic clays are still preferred choices. Traditional, all-natural, and unique healthcare remedies are trendy across the world.
One such treatment from the culturally-rich parts of Asia that’s becoming popular is Gua Sha, which is an exceptional technique used to improve the blood circulation and manage pain.
How does Gua Sha work?
Gua Sha is an ancient, traditional Chinese therapeutic technique. It includes the use of a tool to gently scrape the skin by applying pressure that helps in alleviating chronic pain. Although this technique may leave red marks or light bruises on the skin because of the pressure, it certainly helps improve blood flow in the sore areas. While popular as a beauty treatment to improve skin health, it has the potential for many other health benefits as well. Here are five overall advantages of using the Gua Sha massaging tool.
- Offers a youthful glow: Gua Sha, as a beauty remedy, can offer multiple benefits that one can only expect from a professional beauty treatment. This traditional therapy can offer tautness and a youthful glow to facial skin by triggering the blood flow in the facial blood vessels. The correct usage of the Gua Sha tool will leave some redness on your face, but it’s just the sign of increased blood flow. It relieves tension from your facial muscles and results in a firm, uplifted skin that appears and feels healthy.
- Treats menopause symptoms: Menopause is an extremely sensitive phase that every woman goes through mid-life. It marks the end of the reproductive cycle and brings with it a series of health complications that can be hard to deal with- symptoms include hot flashes, insomnia, and fatigue. Surprisingly, the Gua Sha massaging tool can help treat these symptoms to a great extent. Using this tool with natural remedies like CBD can efficiently help treat menopause symptoms.Click Here to know more about CBD as a medicine for overall symptom management.
One study by PubMed reports that using a Gua Sha tool can provide therapeutically beneficial results in healing menopause symptoms.
- Heals body pain: Body pain is a widespread concern and may be the result of a hectic lifestyle or incorrect postures. It can be challenging to deal with if left untreated. Gua Sha has the potential to alleviate body pain with its application of long pressured treatment. A prolonged Gua Sha treatment can also offer great results for neck and back pain.
- Can help Migraine headaches: Migraines can greatly affect the quality of life with extreme headaches, dizziness, and untimed triggers of nausea. As the Gua Sha tool helps to increase blood flow and relieve chronic pain in other parts of your body, it can also help treat migraines by reducing its symptoms. According to a study, a 72-year-old woman received promising benefits from using the Gua Sha technique for 14 days concerning a chronic headache.
- Relieves inflammation: Arthritis is a disease caused by the inflammation of the joints. Various arthritis therapies include Gua Sha as a method to provide helpful results in reducing the pain. Slowly spooning or scrapping the Gua sha tool on your joints increases the blood flow to reduce the pain, providing you the ease of movement again. With Gua Sha, being used as a pain-relieving therapy for arthritis, one can discern its potential as an anti-inflammatory treatment also.
Gua Sha is one therapeutic-treatment of the age-old Asian culture. Intercultural interaction helps incorporate many traditional treatments that are beneficial to the healthcare industry and daily life. This exchange is the reason why we are now able to enjoy extremely competent health care techniques such as Gua sha. You can get this treatment at home with the help of a simple accurately cut jade stone though before proceeding to do it on your own, make sure you comprehend the appropriate technique. For more information, it’s always best to consult a beauty expert or medical professional to learn more about its safe usage.
Jessica is a passionate writer & guest blogger. Writing helps her to improve her knowledge, skills & understanding about this specific industry. She loves writing & sharing her knowledge mostly in the Cannabis industry. Apart from writing she loves travelling and exploring new places.