The Rotary Club of St Francis is hosting Wine on Water, which takes place on the beautiful St Francis Bay waterways on 24 & 25 February 2023, sponsored again by Investec. The event is the Club’s flagship fundraising event, and all proceeds go toward community upliftment projects and local charities.
A hop-on hop-off experience, ticketholders will have the opportunity to taste wines from over 30 wine estates with some of the best South African wines on offer, as well as some award-winning locally produced gin and craft beer.
Members of the public also have an opportunity to win a case of what’s on offer by purchasing a raffle ticket on Quicket for R200 per ticket.
The event is completely sold out, but for those lucky enough to have tickets, here’s how to get started :
You must present the ticket documentation that you received from Quicket when arriving at the ticket desk at The Quays Restaurant located in Sea Glades Drive to register and collect your WoW kit. You can present this information on your cell phone. However, we recommend you print this document out if possible.
If you booked through Quicket and can’t find your tickets, please contact Quicket on 021 424 9308 or firstname.lastname@example.org for them to be re-sent to you.
We encourage you to register in advance to beat the queue!
Collect your wristband, WoW souvenir tasting glass and map at the ticket desk from 12h00 until 17h00 on Thursday, 23rd February and from 10h00 to 16h00 on Friday, 24th and Saturday, 25th February at the ticket desk at Quays Restaurant in Sea Glades Drive.
Your Map and information booklet contain everything you need to know, along with notes on event etiquette and other helpful information.
NB: Your WoW wristband must be worn during the event to give you access to the barges and wine-tasting decks. No Band, No Entry!
Once registered, you can plan your route and start from 12 noon on both Friday 24th & Saturday 25th, at any point on the WoW map. Remember you can move between tasting points by barge, vehicle, Tuk Tuk service or on foot.
Please note: The Rotary Club of St Francis accepts no responsibility for tickets which have not been bought on the official sales platform at Quicket.
What you need to know for a happy and safe WoW experience :
- Wear your wristband at all times – No Band, No Entry!
- Please respect the wine-hosting properties donated for your enjoyment. Tastings are restricted to the deck/garden area only.
- Toilets are available for guests to use. Please do not trespass beyond the bathroom area – these are private homes.
- Wine tasting is only allowed on the deck in the tasting area – no drinking/smoking on jetties or barges.
- Please wear flat shoes if travelling on the barges for your safety and comfort. No high heels will be allowed.
- The jetties can hold a limited number of people at one time. The Jetty Manager will advise when it is safe to move on/off the barge. Please wait for his direction.
- This is an over-18 event with no children.
- When buying wine, please arrange delivery or collection with the wine farm. No boxes of wine are to be taken onto the barges.
- Food and water will be available at various points on the route, with no food consumption on barges.
- The barges will move in a clockwise direction only around the route on the canals. You can join the event from any point on the route once you have collected your wristband.
- There is no limit to how many times you travel the route – by land or water.
- The barge skipper and jetty manager have the authority to refuse access to barges to anyone deemed unfit for travel. Their word is final.
- Be responsible – don’t drink and drive – see the back page of the programme for local taxi services.
- Enjoy your WoW experience!