Alternative Shopping Plans At SPAR
As you are all aware, the store gets pretty busy during the season! So an excellent suggestion to locals is to head to our SUPERSPAR Village On Main store in Humansdorp to avoid the crowds! It will undoubtedly be a relaxing environment with less traffic, parking issues and queues at the tills.
Our season trading hours will be as follows:
From the 9th of December until the 31st of December, we will trade from 7am to 8pm.
On Christmas Day, we will trade from 7am to 1pm.
On New Year’s Day, we will trade from 7am to 7pm.
From the 2nd of January, we will revert to our regular hours of 7am to 7pm.
HOLIDAY TRADING HOURS TOPS:
From the 9th of December until the 31st of December, we will trade from 9am to 8pm.
On Christmas Day, we will trade from 9am to 1pm.
On New Year’s Day, we will trade from 9am to 7pm.
From the 2nd of January, we will revert to our regular hours of 9am to 7pm.
Be safe, and have a fabulous holiday.
RECIPE: CLASSIC GAMMON WITH AN ORANGE GLAZE
- 1 x 1.5kg SPAR shoulder gammon bone-in
- 1.5 litre orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the glaze
- ½ cup SPAR sugar
- Assorted vegetables for serving
- Cook the gammon over a medium-to-low heat (simmering) in the orange juice (it should cover it) and cinnamon for 45 minutes per kilogram – so for a 1.5kg joint it will be 1 hour and 7 minutes.
- Remove from the juice and set aside.
- Now add the sugar to the cooking liquid and let it reduce until it thickens.
- Preheat the oven’s grill.
- Cover the gammon in the glaze – place under the grill to go sticky but keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Serve with an assortment of vegetables and the additional glaze.
SPAR – We’re For Smiles