Eben Sadie Wines
Village Square Tops is the only store in the EC & Garden Route lucky enough to get an allocation of these fantastic wines.
This year, we received stock of the following cultivars:
Columella 2021 750ml
Palladius 2021 750ml
Kokerboom 2022 750ml
Mev Kirsten 2022 750ml
Pofadder 2022 750ml
Rotsbank 2022 750ml
Skerpioen 2022 750ml
Skurfberg 2022 750ml
Soldaat 2022 750ml
Treinspoor 2022 750ml
Eben Sadie is an award-winning South African winemaker hailing from the Swartland.
Eben has extensive winemaking experience with worldwide harvests under his belt after graduating from Elsenburg College in 1994.
He has spent time in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, the United States and South Africa.
In 1998, he joined Spice Route, where he became head winemaker. Eben ventured out on his own in 2000 when he returned to his home in the Swartland to pursue his passion for blends. This is where he created his two signature blends – Columella and Palladius – which garnered him worldwide success. In 2015, he started working on his Old Vine Series – eight different wines from the oldest vineyards in South Africa. These wines have become some of the most sought-after wines in South Africa.
Through his passion and determination, Eben has put Swartland on the map and proven that South Africa can produce world-class wines.
Eben’s hard work paid off when he was recognised by The Institute of Masters of Wine and The Drinks Business international trade publication and won the coveted 2017 Winemakers’ Winemaker Award. This annual award goes to those with outstanding achievements in winemaking.
- 500g SPAR beef mince
- Salt and pepper
- 4 x 20cm SPAR flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp SPAR olive oil
- 8 slices SPAR processed cheddar
- 8 SPAR Freshline butter lettuce leaves
- 1 SPAR Freshline thinly sliced red onion
- BURGER SAUCE
- ¼ cup SPAR mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 SPAR gherkins, diced
- Divide the mince in 4.
- Press each quarter onto a tortilla, leaving a 1cm rim of exposed tortilla. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan.
- Add a generous splash of olive oil.
- Carefully flip the tortilla onto the hot skillet, meat side down.
- Put another (clean) pot on the tortilla to weigh it down.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the meat goes golden and is cooked.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Add 2 cheese slices to the meat while the tortilla cooks on the other side.
- Put a lid on and let it melt.
- Add your favourite toppings like sauce, onion, tomato and lettuce to finish the burger.
- Other optional toppings are bacon, onion marmalade, avocado, jalapenos, salsa, blue cheese, figs, etc.