Some Weekend Specials And More
We have a mixed bag for you this week. Most importantly, though, we have some great specials.
These specials at TOPS are running for the whole month of May, from 10 May until 4 June, and they all look good. So stock up on the drinks you love while the specials are on. It seems like there won’t be any more lockdowns, so we don’t have to worry about stocking up as we won’t be closing. Let’s hope there won’t be alcohol bans (or cigarette or roast chicken bans), but the discounts are good, so that’s enough to stock up.
Then, just for fun, this is a fun and straightforward recipe for chocolate sauce from SPAR Savour Magazine.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
- 160g dark chocolate (2 x 80g slabs)
- 320ml SPAR cream
- ¼ cup SPAR butter
- ¼ cup SPAR golden syrup
- 1-2 tbsp water
- A sprinkle of salt *optional
- ¼ cup SPAR cocoa
- Heat the chocolate and cream together in the microwave.
- Start with a minute, stir it and if it’s not all melted, pop it in for 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst until smooth and melted.
- Heat the butter, syrup and 1 Tbsp water together until all melted.
- Add the cocoa and salt. If it’s too thick for your taste – add the other 1 Tbsp water.
- Stir until smooth.
Finally, Some Big Weekend Specials