The Lower Than Low Sale
- SPAR Canola Oil 2 litre – R79.99 each
- Fair Cape Long Life UHT Milk (Full Cream or Low Fat) 6 x 1 litre – R89.99 per pack
- SPAR Select Fresh Chicken Braai Pack 5 piece – R59.99 per kg
- Ladismith Vacuum Packed Cheese Assorted 800 g – R99.99 each
- MULTI BUY – Coca Cola Regular Only 2,25 litre – 2 for R45.00
- MULTI BUY – Cadbury Milk Chocolate Slab Assorted (excl. Bubbly) – 2 for R34.00
- Huggies Dry Comfort Jumbo Pack Disposable Nappies or Pants Assorted – R189.99 per pack
- SPAR Ice Cream Assorted 2 litre – R49.99 each
- Jacobs Kronung Instant Coffee Jar Assorted 200 g or refill pouch Assorted 230 g excl. decaf – R10 off – Rewards Customer Only Pay R99.99 each
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes 1 kg – R64.99 each
- Ariel Auto Washing Powder 2 kg , Liquid 1,1 / 1,5 litre Assorted or Capsules 14s – R89.99 each
- MULTI BUY – SPAR Macaroni or Spaghetti 500 g – 2 for R28.00
Spring Rolls With A Difference
- 16 rice paper sheets
- 1-2 cups SPAR coleslaw mix
- 6 stalks SPAR Freshline spring onion, shredded
- 4 smoked SPAR Select chicken breasts fillets, shredded
- A handful edible flowers
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 200g vermicelli noodles, cooked according to packaged instructions
- 1 packet (125g) SPAR Freshline sugar snap peas
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (black is optional)
- 1 SPAR Freshline avocado sliced (optional)
FOR THE PASSION FRUIT DIP
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp SPAR Freshline garlic and ginger paste
- ¼ cup passion fruit puree
- Chilli to taste
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped SPAR Freshline spring onion
- Make sure all your elements are prepared before you start assembling the rolls.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients well – you can adjust it according to taste. If it isn’t tart enough add lime juice or rice wine vinegar to taste.
- To assemble the rolls, soak the rice paper wraps in room temperature water one at a time (or follow the packaged instructions). Something like a shallow cake tin works well.
- Carefully lay the soaked rice paper down on a plate (or clean cloth to drain excess water).
- Add a little bit of each of the filling bits to the centre of the rice paper, be careful not to add too much.
- Fold the lower edge up over the fillings, rolling upward just until the filling is compactly enclosed. Fold over the short sides like you would to make a burrito. Lastly, roll it up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.