Kouga hosts Youth in Energy Summit
Young people from across Kouga will take part in the first Youth in Energy Summit at Cape St Francis this week.
The summit will take place at 9am on Wednesday, 28 June, at the Cape St Francis Resort. It is being presented jointly by Kouga Municipality, Eskom, the Kouga Wind Farm and New Generation Mindset (NGM).
Kouga Mayor Elza van Lingen said the event was open to all young and aspiring business people, as well as those who are already in business.
“The summit will be jam-packed with information relevant to young entrepreneurs who would like to tap into the opportunities that are opening up in Kouga thanks to energy-related developments,” she said.
The keynote speaker at the event will be East Cape MEC for Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism, Sakhumzi Somyo.
Two youth entrepreneurs will also share their success stories.
Other topics and role-players on the programme are:
- Skills and Careers around Energy (Eskom)
- Energy Mix Prospects and Opportunities (Necsa)
- SMME support around energy (NGM)
- Supporting Entrepreneurial Development (NYDA)
- Wind Farm Development Plan and Youth Opportunities (Kouga Wind Farm)
- SMME Funding (ECDC)
- SMME Funding Support (IDC)
- SMME mentorship and support (The Hope Factory)
For further information contact Zingi Mdidimba at the municipality’s LED unit on 083 571 7976 or 042 2002227.