Last years original SRA votes do not count – Please Re-VOTE
As the deadline for votes on the proposed 2018 SRA (Special Rates Area) approaches it really needs your vote to make it a fair process. Whether your vote is FOR or AGAINST the proposed SRA it is important that you cast your vote for this a democratic process.
PLEASE NOTE this is a whole new process. Your vote last year or the year before counts for nothing and you must re-cast your vote as it is a totally new proposal where the rate has dropped substantially by some 50%. If you are not aware of the new proposal you can read a synopsis below or the full proposal at
Or should you want to delve deeper into the actual Business Plan then read
If you are not too sure whether your vote has been recorded or indeed if you have voted, you can check your vote on
St Francis Property Owners as appealed to all property owners in the demarcated area (see map below) to vote as soon as possible as the voting closes on February 24th 2018.
SRA proposal: (Synopsis)
- SRA levy of 25% of property owners’ monthly/annual rates (reduced from the original 50%).
- The shortfall in revenue will be contributed from alternative sources ie Riparians, Kromme Joint River Committee, the Port, Kouga Municipality and donations
- The Demarcated area for the levy will include the Village and Canal areas. Santareme, St Francis on Sea, Port, Otters Landing, Industrial Sites and The Links could be included at a later stage if the property owners in these areas choose to participate
- The scope of projects and services include:
- The restoration of the beach, spit and river (priority 1)
- The repair and maintenance of sections of the arterial roads and parking areas to be limited to the Village centre and main intersections along with pedestrian and cycle tracks along main arterial roads (priority 2)
- The installation of CCTV camera surveillance in the demarcated area (priority 3)
- Rebuild of the arterial roads (priority 4)